Writing Advice from MbC (and a few other things)
Below are links to some thoughts on writing (and a few thoughts on Life Stuff). Hopefully budding writers and old pros alike will find something helpful in them.
Or perhaps you're just looking for an amazing recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Either way, you've come to the right place.
- How to Get My Secrets - aka, Don't be a Dipwad
- What a Writer is, What a Writer Does
- The Difference Between YA Horror and "Real" Horror
- Avoiding Cliches - And why That is Dumb as a Rock
- Story vs. Idea
- Guest Post: The Importance of Vision
- The Huffington Post says I shouldn't publish a lot. Should I?
- A Critical Component to Writing Darkness
- Personal to General Fear
- Short Thoughts on Creating Universal Fear
- All in With Amazon: Going Exclusive?
- Why Buttcrack Scares Me
- The REAL Truth About Writing
- How to Write Not-Sucky Back Cover Copy
- No One Knows Anything About Becoming A Successful Writer
- Three Rules You CANNOT BREAK
- Shut Up and WRITE!
- Guest Post: Trying Too Hard in Writing
- Guest Post: The Role of Flaws in the Character Arc
- Ten Steps to Overnight Success as a Writer
- How to Develop the Strength to Write Terror
- Epub vs. Traditional Publishing - Which Way Should You go?
- Why Success is BAD
- What Good is Horror?
- The Magic of Misleading
- Dealing With Bad Reviews
- Typing Down and Dirty
- A Snowball's Chance in Marketing
- Horror: The Last Bivouac of Hope
- Where do Scary Ideas Come From?
- Truly Creative Writing
- The Most Important Thing Ever
- Chubby Writing
- Killing Your Poop Bird
- "Research" is a 4-Letter Word
- Defining Greatness
- "Musty" Writing
- On Clarity
- Finding God Among the Damned
- So you Think you Wanna Write a Script
- How to Write Terror that Chills
- I Love You I Love You I Love You... Now Publish Me!
- Speling Matturs
Life & Stuff
- Why Watch The Flash?
- Ladies: You are Beautiful When "Ugly"
- Our Wonderful Obsession With Horror
- The Song of the Rafters (a tale of suicide)
- Why a Scary Christmas Doesn't Work
- On Gun Control
- Santa Claus: Will he murder me?
- Make a Friend! Wet Your Pants!
- Faith and Giant Pickles
- We Are Not Alone
- Lessons of Depression
- On Finding Miracles
- Dangers of Collective Thinking
- The Hugo Controversy
- Thoughts on a Suicide
Tweets by @mbcollings You are visitor number